Emergency Alert Service
The Town of Hilton Head Island provides a free e-subscription service that enables the public to subscribe to emergency alerts via email or text.
This e-subscription service will be used in conjunction with our existing website (www.hiltonheadislandsc.gov) and Citizen Hotline (1-800-963-5023) to provide emergency information. The Town of Hilton Head Island will only utilize the "Emergency Alerts" Topic of our e-subscription service during an emergency or disaster, particularly in an evacuation or during the recovery from an event which has caused significant damage. The Town encourages residents to sign-up for the e-subscription service and link it to their cell phone so that the messages will be received in a timely manner (standard text messaging rates will apply).
In addition to the e-subscription service the Town of Hilton Head Island will also utilize the HHIEmergency Twitter account during an emergency.
How Do I Subscribe to the Emergency Alert Service?
- Start by selecting the Subscribe to Emergency Alerts Now button located next to the envelope. You'll be taken to a new subscriber page asking you to enter your e-mail address, delivery preferences and optional password. You may use the drop down menu and change email to "SMS/Text Messaging" if you prefer to receive a text message via your phone. Setting a password will allow you to control how your e-mail address is subscribed and unsubscribed to in the service and protect from others subscribing on your behalf, without your permission.
- Enter the information then press the "Submit" button.
- After pressing the "Submit" button, you'll be taken to the Quick Subscribe page where you can continue to subscribe to e-mail or text messaging alert services. After making your selections, press the "Submit" button.
- To activate your email subscription request you will be sent a message to your e-mail account asking you to confirm your request by pressing on an enclosed link. For text messaging service, you will receive a confirmation text message.
- You may access "Subscriber Preferences" via the link provided to add additional information and subscribe other email categories.