Additional Information Regarding Emergency Permits
Release Date: November 10, 2016
Community Development Information Center
- Owner affidavits will be required for every repair permit. A copy of the form is available on the Town's website at www.hiltonheadislandsc.gov.
- Mechanical certificates will not be required at time of repair permit submission but will be required prior to the first inspection.
- If structural framing is damaged within the enclosed building envelope the Town will require documentation of the repairs to be made at permit submission. Examples are:
- Original architectural plans with the areas of damage indicated. Some POA's may have copies of the original plans.
- If original plans are not available, you may provide either stamped architectural drawings of the areas to be repaired or an architect's or engineer's letter, stamped, describing the damage and methods of repair if repairs are minor.
- If damage extends to engineered systems, including floor trusses and roof trusses, engineered repair documentation will be required.